Yeah, I came up with that!

The absurd idea of writing a blog is mostly an excuse to talking to myself.

I write as much as it pleases me. I write about what is currently on my mind. Und ich werde auch auf Deutsch schreiben, je nach Motivations- und Gefühlslage.


I do not demand anyone to read or care about this , for it is my SYMPHONY OF A MASTERMIND OF TRIVIALITY.


Yeah, I came up with that!


März 30, 2012

editorial.

In the following few lines I want to analyze my sympathy to media, such as movies and TV shows and explain my relation to them.

First of all, I have to admit that I am a imdb.com junkie. 
What is it that I do there?

Well, I like to be informed about the latest and upcoming movies.
I like to do research about my favorite actors and I like to find movies that match my likes.
I prefer that database, for I love memories, in this case, lists of movies I watched already.
In real life I make various lists, to-do-lists, longterm-goals-lists and what-to-cook-lists, so a watchlist on imdb is exactly what I need.

In many cases, I did not watch the film, but it feels as if I watched it, because I familiarize myself with the movie through substantial research in advance (reviews, plot, several trailers ...). I know which actors are starring and whatsoever.

It is my personal delight to know that.
Actually this information is futile, not useful at all, but it contributes to my selfish longing to know at least something a little better than someone else.

Some may say that the whole tension and surprise of a movie vanishes when one knows the plot already, but I say that I prefer to know what is ahead of me and I experienced too often, that a trailer is .. let's say misleading.

Ok, what concerns the actual movie watching at last, admittedly I am too stingy as to pay going to the cinema. I'd rather wait until I can watch it on DVD, or somehow else.

Yes, I appreciate the size and sound of and in a cinema, it adds to my enjoyment of a movie, however, I cannot afford that, or I want to spend my money differently.

So the upcoming lists of movies released in 2010 and 2011 will be based on my already existing lists on imdb.com and I will briefly comment on them.

By the way, it's the 21st anniversary of my release date. That's that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen