Yeah, I came up with that!

The absurd idea of writing a blog is mostly an excuse to talking to myself.

I write as much as it pleases me. I write about what is currently on my mind. Und ich werde auch auf Deutsch schreiben, je nach Motivations- und Gefühlslage.


I do not demand anyone to read or care about this , for it is my SYMPHONY OF A MASTERMIND OF TRIVIALITY.


Yeah, I came up with that!


April 17, 2012

Rear Window.

On my vacation I took time to watch Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window


Some weeks ago I added this title to my imdb watchlist, but didn't put it forth for consideration or so. However, when prettymuchit mentioned a Rear Window stichted into one scene clip, which was already great without seeing the actual movie, I was moved to finally watch the whole thing.


I liked that one was immediately involved in the situation. 


Jeff is a photographer who broke his leg and spends the whole time at home looking out of his window and observing people. There are three more characters on his side of the window. 


On the other side of the building complex there are six different families. 
A wealthy songwriter who seems to have a lot of friends, but wants an emotional partner; a couple living upstairs who sleep on the balcone and whose dog is getting his walk by being led down in a basket; newlyweds who enjoy their first alone time behind shut windows; a beautiful ballet dancer who isn't that superficial as one may guess; a lonely woman downstairs, who is maybe a little psychotic as she cooks a meal and gets ready for a date but noone comes and she pretends as someone was there; and finally a caring husband and a sick wife lying in bed but tormenting obviously the husband by harsh words.
One day the woman is missing and it seems as if the husband killed her.


The entire movie is shot "out of the window" of Jeff's apartment! I like this perspective.


There are other movies where the main place of happenings is just one place. I remember Panic Room, the whole movie is set in the house and eventually the backyard, and the quite new movie Carnage which I haven't seen yet but which intrigues me because it is shot basically just in the living room.


I enjoyed Rear Window because it is in a way "clean" and differs from all new thrillers and keeps my attention for quite a while.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen