Yeah, I came up with that!

The absurd idea of writing a blog is mostly an excuse to talking to myself.

I write as much as it pleases me. I write about what is currently on my mind. Und ich werde auch auf Deutsch schreiben, je nach Motivations- und Gefühlslage.


I do not demand anyone to read or care about this , for it is my SYMPHONY OF A MASTERMIND OF TRIVIALITY.


Yeah, I came up with that!


August 29, 2012

Ultimate.

ultimate [the best achievable or imaginable of its kind].

Gogol Bordello express it that way:

There was never any good old days 
They are today, they are tomorrow 
It's a stupid thing we say 
Cursing tomorrow with sorrow 

The ultimate thing is to look ahead. 
have a postive, but realistic outlook. hopes, that aren't far-fetched. no self-defeating desires and expectations, rather healthy ones. 

Steppin' on the trail of ultimate 
I would never choose to die 
Give me the rest of all the secrets 
Give me new culture of life 

YES! 
there lies a lot of truth in this remark. similar to the way of life the Bible recommends and promises. 
It's a deal! Put it there. I'm in. 

Gogol Bordello's bandleader is Ukrainian by the way. 
He sings Russian and English. and he starred together with Elijah Wood in Jonathan Safran Foer's Everything is Illuminated

The movie was different. interesting. memorable. 
I like the Russian and English intermingling. 
I didn't like that a lot of it wasn't actually shot in Ukraine,
 but the Czech Republic. Their roads are too plane, not potholed enough. 
and some actresses just tried to speak Russian. 

Foer's book was quite slow-paced. 
The whole introduction is over several pages long and 
tells about the old village and Jewish customs and so-called funny stories. 
Maybe I just didn't get it, since I am an average stupid person. 

If you know Everything is Illuminated you almost immediately 
get Extremely Loud & Incredibly CloseThere a lot of similarites and 
Foer's style and some clichées are all too obvious.

Both main characters (Elijah Wood, Thomas Horn) are sort of autistic or peculiarly idiosyncratic (finally I used that word, I got it in my mind for such a long time and just wanted to write it. fair enough! yes! fair enough is another thing I say way too less and often unnaturally).

Wood is on a journey to familiarize himself with his dead Grandfather's origin and what happened to Augustina, the girl on the picture. He collects just ANYTHING in a plastic bag, orders and pins it.
Link
Horn is also on a journey to find out what his father's key is for. 
Both just want to be with their dead ancestors/family, be close, remember and occupy themselves with them. the characters are visibly and invisibly Jewish as Foer himself. it's fun.

No time, no leisure, no want to analyze it in more detail.
Fact is, I enjoyed both movies. Several times.

Link  Eugene Hütz, the bandleader, was amazingly funny. I love accents. I love the Indian and Russian accent when speaking English.. some may know already how obsessive I can be about that.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen